Monday, March 18, 2013

"Mistakes" Men & Women Make With Each Other


I was just browsing through random links on my email site and came across this article: 7 Mistakes Women Are Making with Men and I particularly found number's 5,6 & 7 (Feeling abandoned, assuming he can multitask and competing with his mission)  interesting because I have been one to bring this up to a guy I may have been dating. I've definitely felt like I wasn't getting the attention I may have been showing to my guy or wonder why he can't talk to me and watch TV at the same time. At times, I may have not even mentioned it because I don't want to "nag" but when dealing with your happiness you MUST speak up or you only have yourself to blame! yourself! You're just dealing with the unhappiness until you explode. I would not even wait around for that to happen, honestly. Anywho, men tend to only be able to focus on one task at a time so be a little more patient but don't hold things in either. Find the balance come to compromises as well.
With #7, I just feel like if a guy is taking the time to get involved with you and you've made it clearly what you desire in a relationship, he should feel obligated to hold up his end. I want my man to succeed just as much as he does, but there a way to do things and not do things. If your "grind" is that serious, it's probably not the best idea to get involved with someone unless you have an understanding from the very BEGINNING! I definitely had a guy be all about me, then decide he wants to put more effort into certain things and just left me hanging. Couldn't even let me know that was the case! Even though the truth hurts, when you're honest, a person can never say you were a liar. Communicate! If you want something light or not long term, don't date the chick who is set on finding "the one"!
On the other end of the spectrum, there followed the article 8 Mistakes Men Make With Women and found this quote from "Mistake #1: Not listening" so spot on about women:

“Men don’t understand that women talk to connect,” Love says. “A man thinks she is talking to tell him something.”


I think this quote is spot on because talking is what we women do and if we feel we can share so much with our man it's because we are confiding in him and that is one of our ways of showing that we are more comfortable with you and are feeling closer to you as well. I must be honest, one of the best things about talking to guys, even when they engage, they don't (usually) go off and gossip your business because they've probably already forgotten it once the convo is over. At least engage in the conversation while it's going on, if it contains hints, those are the big things to remember (if you forget everything else, lol).

I think "Mistake #2: Not offering help" is quite interesting too. I can definitely recall mentioning I needed to wash my car then waking up to find that my car has been washed for me. I don't know about you women, but those things I appreciate more than flowers on Valentine's Day. It's what he Does ALL YEAR that makes him a keeper, not whether he remembers to buy you chocolates on Valentine's Day.


One last that I found interesting was "Mistake #4: Mistaking the silent treatment". The article mentions how a silent woman isn't usually a good thing. I've always felt if you're in a relationship and have never had any type of argument and your partner is "flawless" and etc., etc., someones hiding something! No one's perfect! One thing I've seen is people fall for that 1st impression. Don't get caught up in that. Learn that person's flaws and traits! Why? Because you should know at least some of them before getting too involved with someone, or else you hit that moment where in the 2nd month of dating you learn about something that is a deal breaker for you. Some experts suggest seeing how one acts through all the seasons. To each his own. But still, definitely spend enough time with that person in different settings to learn the different sides of them.

So READERS, I ask you,  what are some mistakes or misconceptions that we genders make about one another? I really would like for you all to CHIME IN!!! All views welcome! Just please be tasteful with it!

2 comments:

  1. Assumptions...I have mad tatts...bulky build and bad vision...I think these make me a lil unapproachable at times...I also think it leads women to believe that I'm another thugged out no job havin bamma...wholetime got a great job own spot I'm an artist in many ways and when chosen too can speak very well...lol...I have also prejudged women in the same way...can't trust a big butt and a smile...same time there are a lot of curvaceous successful women out there who ain't down for the nonsense. ..they are rare like mr clean wit hair but out there none the less...thatz my speal...lol 0trej out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent points made there! Thanks so much! And I agree the generalizing can be dangerous. I do it sometimes, but not when it comes to getting to know someone. If I have some sort of interest in them or somehow end up in an environment where I will be around them often, I give a fair shot to draw my own impressions ya know? People need to not be so fixated on what a person looks like and focus on the whole package they're offering. Thanks again!

      Delete

Chronicles of Chronic Anxiety: 1st Entry

The hardest thing for me about having chronic anxiety, is hearing people who really only experience normal, occasional anxiety trying to tel...

Most Read