Friday, March 1, 2013

Love Language...

My friend just sparked something interesting with a comment he made to me after I made a comment . He said: ' I bet your love language is words of affirmation'. Well, to be honest, I was not 100% sure what that meant, pertaining to "love language"  so, I looked up some articles online and found an article:Love Affirmation and this site The 5 Love Languages. It listed the 5 Languages of Love as: Quality Time, Affirmation, Physical Touch, Acts of Service, and Receiving Gifts. I took the quiz and it revealed that my primary love language is Quality Time (with a score of 9), followed by Affirmation and Acts of Service (both scored a 7), then Physical Touch(4), and Receiving gifts(3). The highest score you can get in any of these areas is 12. I think my results make perfect sense. I base my relationships highly on someone being a person of their word. If you say this is who you are, or this is how you feel, it better come across in your actions or the words mean nothing. Once my trust has been earned, one's word hold more value than before. I won't take what you say lightly. If I like, dislike, appreciate, or love someone, I have no problem saying it but I also pride myself on showing it.  Furthermore with the results, I'm a physical person but that is not the most important which also reflects in my results. Intimacy is important don't get me wrong, but sex is not the only part of intimacy nor is the physical the only or most important factor for me. Your whole relationship should not be based on the sex. Because honestly, you've probably had better sex(in the technical sense) with someone you don't even have real feelings for, and it was just about 'getting the job done'. BUT, the sex with someone you're in a relationship with(and/or in love with) there is a connection that is so intense and passionate, it surpasses plain old sex with no feelings involved. However, to each his own, because to some people, bad sex is a deal-breaker.
Moving on...If I feel I am showing love but not getting it in return or at least getting that appreciation, I tend to feel insulted and begin to withdraw. Who wants to be constantly putting themselves out there to someone and not get it in return ya know? I certainly don't!
Just a thought...
**So I want you all to please do me a favor, check out the links I provided earlier. I'll post them again below. Take the "Love Language Quiz" then answer my poll here on the right. The poll is completely anonymous!!! Also, if you'd like to discuss your results or give your opinion about Love Language and whether it makes any sense to you, I'd love to hear it!! Write Away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicles of Chronic Anxiety: 1st Entry

The hardest thing for me about having chronic anxiety, is hearing people who really only experience normal, occasional anxiety trying to tel...

Most Read