Thursday, June 27, 2013

Honesty Hour: Trayvon Martin /Zimmerman Case

I really haven't been speaking on this Trayvon Martin situation, but since everyone else is just letting their feelings be known, I'm going to do just the same...this one time..and then I'm just going to see the rest of this unfold...I honestly feel that Zimmerman is being charged by Florida mostly to save face. I think if people hadn't reacted the way they did this would've gotten swept under the rug somehow. I do not think Zimmerman will be found guilty. If he is, I do not think he'll get Life in prison or any amount that'll satisfy society and in this society, JUSTICE = Fitting Punishment for a perpetrator, plain & simple. If the majority feels the punishment does not fit the crime, justice has not been served because that outcome is not fair to the victim. I just really feel like there will be no societal satisfactory following the closing of this case. Just so much uncertainty. It's saddening, but as much as I can be an optimist, I'm a realist FIRST. My opinion, Trayvon may have aggravated the situation but I do not think he started it. Why? Because even though I understand Zimmerman being suspicious, if I'm walking down the street and see someone follow me then try to stop me and talk to me and they're not police, I'm going to be on the defense RIGHT AWAY because unfortunately you can't just have your guard down for everyone on today's streets. I can't help but wonder had he not possessed a gun would he have even approached the boy? I don't!  This case is the perfect example of how intention + execution[of actions] can = unintended results. Unfortunately, we'll only know one side of the story. A lesson to learn: You[in this case, Zimmerman] go fishing for trouble you're going to find it...Meanwhile...

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting! I do agree in this matter especially in how today's society works. I do feel that he will get time though, but it won't be as much time as I think it should be. Maybe we are so used to seeing things went down before but times and people's mindsets change EVERY year. In the meantime let's crack open some popcorn and see what unfolds with the trail situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt, cannot wait to see how this plays out.

      Delete

Chronicles of Chronic Anxiety: 1st Entry

The hardest thing for me about having chronic anxiety, is hearing people who really only experience normal, occasional anxiety trying to tel...

Most Read